Skip to main content

Author's Choice

Read the following four blogs to learn more about the author and his interests. Continuing the Legacy An Incubate-eee ee Being a Reporter at the International Press in the Model United Nations Happy New Year 2078

Happy New Year 2078!

31st Chaitra, 2077
Nepalgunj -10, Banke
Province 5, Nepal

Dear You,

Today is the last day of 2077 and I wish you a very happy new year 2078, but is it really going to be a happy one? I pray to the God for the prosperity of your family but will the God listen to my voice? For the activities we have done in the past couple of years, I don't think so. There's a lot of things that you and me, together we, need to do.

Today, let us make some promises so that the upcoming year is going to be filled with utmost happiness, unlike the one we have recently passed. Let us become humans and sustain humanity. Let us become a responsible person not only to our family, friends, relatives, teachers, neither only to our country, but to the whole world.

We are human beings (man, to be precise), and every little to big activities we undertake has a direct affect on the surrounding around us. Remember, the geological timescale of the world has been divided into four eras: Precambrian, Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic? The dinosaurs developed, evolved and became extinct during the Mesozoic Era. What if we are the ones to be in the Cenozoic era?

Are you afraid of the Coronavirus, of the environment pollution, of the forest fire, or the present situation of our country? Worried of all? Worried of none? Whether your answer is yes or no to the above questions, I would request each one of you reading this to think about the human existence and it's future.

Let us together take the oath to become loyal to our mother earth. After all, no one has ever been able to defeat the mother earth.

...

Wishing for your long life, and prosperity on this New Year, I would like to shine out now.

Yours,
Atith Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuing the legacy ...

Dear Atith,  Greetings from Glocal Teen Hero. Congratulations! You have been selected as the “Top Six Finalist” of Golchha Group presents Glocal Teen Hero Nepal 2023. Your work and contribution to society have raised us to have you on the list of “Top 6 Finalists” as an Early Change Maker from across the Nation. I opened my email to read that I had been selected as the top six finalists from a pool of 681 applicants who had applied to Glocal Teen Hero Nepal 2023. To learn that I was among the six teenagers who have had a remarkable impact on their societies was an extremely happy surprise. I had never been that happy in the previous couple of years. As I read the email, my body trembled, heartbeats raised, and I could no longer sit down. I jumped out of excitement. I rushed to my phone to call my family. Quickly, I opened the video calling application and rang a call. My parents didn't receive it. The adrenaline rush couldn't hold me back from voice-calling my mom on the phone....

My Country - Nepal | Short Essay/ Speech for Children

  My Country: Nepal ' Unity in Diversity' defines my country. Located between two of the biggest countries in the world China and India, my country Nepal, is geographically smaller and a landlocked country. Nonetheless, eight of the highest peaks of the world lie here, Light of Asia, Gautam Buddha was born here, the highest peak of the world, Mt.Everest lies here. Also, 10 of the UNESCO's World Heritage Sites lie within this small country. Nepal is a historically, biologically, and spiritually a unique country in the world. Though, Nepal's current geographical area is 1,47,516 sq.km., the Greater Nepal in 1804 was much bigger than what we have right now. Another surprising fact, yet a matter of pride is that we have never been the colony of foreign powers. So, we have never celebrated the Independence Day. Geographically, our country is divided into three landforms: Mountain, Hilly an...

SAT: Self-Preparation or Institute?

The Scholarship Aptitude Test (SAT), organized by the College Board, is a foundational stone in college application for Undergraduate Studies, especially in the United States. For many, the SAT could be a differentiating factor between a successful admission cycle and an unsuccessful one. Moreover, several universities offer scholarships to incoming undergraduate freshman based on their SAT scores. How does an SAT look like? An SAT test, now digital, comprises   questions from English and Mathematics. In a nutshell, it is divided into two sections: English Based Reading and Writing (abbreviated as EBRW) and Mathematics. Each section is worth 800 points, making the test worth 1600 points. How to prepare for the SAT? Let us delve into this question section-wise. English Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) For international students who are not native English speakers, this section could be challenging. In everyday communication, these students often believe in "go with the option that ...